MISSION POINT RESORT - RECREATION FACT SHEET
- Recreation is truly a family affair at the Mission Point Resort--summer and winter-- covering all the bases from fun to fitness and ranging from a Scottish
links-themed championship 18-hole putting course to scavenger hunts for the
children, with sleigh rides, cross-country skiing, bicycling and picnic lunch
field trips in between.
- The heart of the recreation program at the resort is the 3,000-square-foot
Activities Center, which houses the health club and spa, offering individual
steam, sauna, locker and shower facilities for men and women, as well as
tanning beds and massage treatments, plus a diverse variety of workout
equipment; a game room, and bicycle rentals.
- Kids (and their parents, too!) can enjoy our heated outdoor pool, The Greens
of Mackinac, Bicycle Rentals, Hayrides, lawn bowling, croquet and tennis kite
flying and more. There is even rainy day board games available in the lobby
and The Captain's Arcade, full of their favorite arcade entertainment.
- Kid’s Island Club activities change daily. Activities can include: Kite flying,
Frisbee games, Outdoor races, Croquet, putting tournament, trivia hunts,
swimming, visit to the butterfly house, or indoor games and arts and crafts.
Kids Club hours are 8:00am -11:00pm Regular in room babysitting is also
available. Video arcade and Billiard room open 7:00am-10:00pm daily.
- Have you Climbed The Tower? - The Tower Museum not only offers best
view on the Island – eight stories above ground level, it’s also a fascinating
look at the past. On your way up, each floor features presentations that delve
into the history of Mackinac Island and its surrounding waterways. Each level
is an adventure of discovery with exciting pictorial displays and historical
artifacts. Your upward trek culminates in a spectacular panoramic overlook.
Don’t forget your camera! Exhibits include: Native American Heritage; Early
Mackinac Island Life; Maritime Shipping History; Shipwrecks of the Straits;
Building the Mackinac Bridge; Michigan Lighthouses.
- Mission Point Movies! - Friday, Saturday and Monday Nights, enjoy the
latest movies at the Mission Point Theater!
- We're Pet-Friendly too! Bringing your four-legged friends is a breeze on the ferry, and there's plenty of room for them to run and play!