MISSION POINT RESORT - TRAVEL – FACT SHEET
- Detroit to Mackinaw City is four hours via I-75 north to exits 337, 338 or 339.
- Chicago to Mackinaw City is 7-1/2 hours via I-94 north to I-96, north to 131, north to 31, north to I-75, north to exits 337, 338 or 339.
- Detroit to St. Ignace is 4-1/2 hours via I-75 north to exits 344 or 348.
- Chicago to St. Ignace is 8 hours via I-94 north to I-96, north to 131, north to 31, north to I-75, north to exits 344 or 348.
- Ferries run to Mackinac Island from St. Ignace and Mackinaw City, departing every 15 to 30 minutes in season.
- Regularly scheduled airlines serve both the Pellston and Traverse City Regional Airports.
- Those traveling by air can arrange continued travel to Mackinac Island Airport through Great Lakes Airlines, which also provides 10-minute charter flights from the St. Ignace Airport, directly across the Straits of Mackinac.
NO cars are allowed on the island; travel options include bicycle, horse-drawn carriage, in-line skating or on foot.