MISSION POINT RESORT - MEETINGS/BANQUET FACT SHEET
- Mission Point Resort is the largest and most complete resort for meetings on Mackinac Island, offering in excess of 38,000 square feet of flexible and state-of-the-art meeting and banquet space, for groups ranging from 10 to 1,000.
- More than 11,000 square feet of meeting/banquet space is located in the six rooms in and above the Main Lodge, including the 3,050-square-foot Summit Room and the 2,700-square-foot Lakefront and Cypress Lodge meeting rooms, while the adjacent Conference Center has more than 12,000 square feet of meeting space, including an amphitheater that can seat 65, and nine private offices for meeting planners. Directly above the Conference Center is a 4,925-square-foot promenade deck that can be used for outside functions and banquets.
- Across from the Conference Center--and adjacent to the Activities Center-- is a 2,900-square-foot theater that can seat 575; the theater has a 23-foot by 30-foot stage and a foyer/lobby that can seat 50 banquet-style.
- Located above the activities center is a 7,370-square-foot sound stage that can accommodate 1,000 people theater-style and 450-classroom style. The sound stage was constructed by the Moral Re-Armament organization in 1960; at that time it was the second-largest sound stage in the United States and was used by Paramount during the filming on the island of the 1980 motion picture, “Somewhere In Time,” starring Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour.
- The resort’s Water’s Edge Wedding Gazebo, a favorite location for wedding ceremonies, is a beautifully landscaped setting overlooking Lake Huron.